Thursday, November 17, 2011

And She's Too Young

She's raspberry tokens
With an open door

Got sand on her eyes
And she knows what her hands are for

And she's too young
To know better

Than to stay away
From a man like me

And she's too smart
To think quickly

So she'll play me a song
On her borrowed guitar

Call me her man
And say I'm a star

She'll kiss me and miss me
Before I'm even gone

Cause she's young
She's too young
She's too damn young

She cries over nothing
And smiles over nothing

Makes love for no reason
Adds sugar to everything

Licks the frosting off first
And plays with her food

She likes making her Mom mad
And she's bad at being good

And she's young
And she's bright
And she keeps me awake
With her thoughts at night

And she's soft
And she's mean
She's still young enough to remember
Everything that she's seen

I look at her
And see the girl I couldn't get
When I was her age

I'm dancing on appropriate
And filling the page

Her Daddy don't like it
But her Mom says
It's just Nature's way

That a girl meets a man
And makes him feel like a boy

Her Mom said she learned
How to be a woman
By raising
Her Dad

And it's fucked up and twisted
And feels good all the same
And I feel dirty
Just saying her name

And she's young
And she'll leave
By the end of the year
She'll be running from me

And she's sly
And she's fun
And who knows what she'll be
By the time we're done

She's too young
She's too young
She's too young

She's too damn
Young

No comments:

Post a Comment