Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sarah Jessica Parker Justifies Doing Another Sex and the City Movie

Well, the thing is--

I just felt
You know
That there was
More story
There
To explore

And, you know
The fans
I mean, really
I guess I should start with--

Or end with--

Because obviously
There are more than two reasons why--

But I mean
Let's just talk about the fans
And how much the fans
Really love
These characters

And, you know
And, I mean
This may ruffle some feathers
Obviously
I say obviously this may ruffle feathers
But, also, I think it's obvious
That the last movie was--

Well...

Less than it could have been

From an artistic standpoint

So I sort of feel like
We owe it to the fans
To give them a proper conclusion
To the story
Of the lives
Of these characters
That they love

Of course
Had the movie gone well
As we intended it to
And, you know
I mean
It played really well
Overseas

Um, if it HAD gone well
I mean, it still might have opened up
The possibility
For more stories

Because, I mean
You know
It's not like we're all eighty!

Hahaha I mean one day we will be

And, I mean, I don't think
We'll be making these movies then
But I mean, you never know, right?

Because why put limitations
On yourself as an artist?

And also, um
Well, I mean
If we're being haha honest

Um

It seems like any time I do a movie
That ISN'T a 'Sex and the City' movie
Whatever that is
That project
That isn't
You know
Where I'm not
Um, Carrie
It seems like
Those
Things
Tend
To

Fail

So...

I mean, even the last movie
Which was, you know
Not, um,  it wasn't
What, you know
It, um, did, you know

Make money

So, I mean
In that way
Commercially
Which is just one way
But, you know
In terms of, our business
The business
It is a, you know, business
That is an, um, important, way

In which to be
Successful

And the thing is

When anything involving Carrie is involved
I, uh, I get to be, like, a movie star
You know?

As opposed to
When I try doing something like, you know

Smart People
Or Did You Hear About the Morgans?
Or I Don't Know How She Does It

People are just sort of like
You know--

Oh--there's that actress
Who can't sell a movie

But when I put on the producer hat
And the, you know, star of a successful franchise hat
Then suddenly, it's like
Whoa, don't screw around with her
She's a badass!

Hahaha

And, you know
A wife
And mother
And artist
You know

But, so, even though I did say, you know

NO MORE SEX AND THE CITY MOVIES!

Hahaha

I mean, I think
It was just limited
Of me
As an artist
To put that, um, limitation
On...myself

And the stories

And you know, um

It's about the fans
Who we love
And who make me feel
Like, you know a...a...

A star

I like that they like
Making me feel that way

That makes me feel

...Good

Um--good?

Yeah

Good

No comments:

Post a Comment