Friday, November 11, 2011

This Glorious Darkness

There's a festival here
That I can't see

Let my hands go walking
Away from me

You can show me the way
To make this right

And I'll fall asleep
By your side tonight

You're the only one I trust enough
To take me here

Into this glorious darkness
Where my mind can rest

Where the words I want to say
Appear upon your chest

Where I'm safe and sound
Under your tender breath

And whatever might be there
I'll be okay right here

All the lights can come up
Right underneath us

I'll see them shooting through your hands
As my rhyme scheme disappears

No structure seems to do
When I'm laying here with you

I could remain in this
Glorious darkness

Just imagining
The things that I can't see

Feeling open to the world
That could be more or less than me

And I don't need to see
Beyond your eyes

Four inches in front of me
Is where I'll lie

Everything's shrunk down
To a manageable size

And whatever's in the blackness
Will be a fine surprise

I'll write a million poems
And then let them all dissolve

I've got a million problems
That I find no urge to solve

The sheep are counting themselves
The clouds are on the wall

I've never felt this lying down
So wide, so full, so tall

I'll miss this
When the morning
Robs me of possibility

Two people
Under blankets
Seems like serendipity

Would you be okay
If I said
Please stay here
With me?

Like this
In this
Glorious darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment