Monday, November 28, 2011

Tempted

I said I'd better get
Comfortable in this loneliness
Because it wasn't going to change
Because I wasn't going to let it change
Because every time I stop being lonely
I start being stupid
Getting stupid, whatever
Whatever it is
It's better for me
If I stay lonely

But...

You've got me saying 'Well..."
With that extra bit of something
That possibility
That I could be stupid
All over again

I really have to say
You've got me feeling
Tempted

In the way you never push
Never ask me for a thing
Show up without me asking
Say 'Yes' before I finish the question
Let me finish all my never ending stories
Make me feel like I don't care
About what anybody thinks
Like I'm a short girl in a pop song

I'm tempted
I'm very tempted

To be the kinda person
Who could move you in tomorrow
Who could call you twenty times
Who could dance off into darkness
Without worrying at all

Tempted to say screw it
And adorn my fingers with your rings
One for commitment
One for craziness
One for happiness
One for good luck

Tempted to believe
When I swore I gave it up
Take me back to immature
I'll put your picture in a locker
Buy a notebook
Just to write your name on the front of it

Look what you did to me
I was sure, and now I'm tempted
I was solid, now I'm air

I was someone
Now I'm everyone
I said I wouldn't be

Please be aware
That I'm not there yet

I'm not ready to give in

But just know
That I'm tempted

This is what you've done
To me

I don't know how long I can stay tempted
But I guess there are worse things
I could be

No comments:

Post a Comment