Thursday, November 17, 2011

Everyone's Honest and Everyone Lies

'Cause she believes it
That's the thing

She got herself to believe it
Same as if she tattooed it on herself

Has something to point to
To say, look at that

It's real

But so she ain't a liar, you see?
So she can say she's no liar
And she's telling the truth, you see?

They all are
All of them liars
They're all telling the truth

Like it's gospel
Like it's verse and scripture
Like it's spoken from a burning bush

And they repeat it
They repeat what they hear
Why shouldn't they?

Isn't it the truth?

Isn't it?

The thing you have to remember is
Everyone's honest
And everyone lies

Used to drive me crazy
Not thinking of it that way
Then one day
I was sitting somewhere
Being bullshitted
Like I was the inside of a pig pen
On the first of the month

Shit coming at me from all sides
And wasn't I supposed to take it
With a smile?

And I looked at the person
Doing the bullshitting

And I realized
That she bought it

She really bought it
All of it

Do you believe that?

I guess I should say--

Can you believe that?

I couldn't, at first
But now I do
Can
Whatever

Even liars lie more
Than they think they do

Right now everybody on this earth
Is lying about something
They don't even know they're lying about

Because they're repeating what other people told them
Hell, that's called history

A lie is just something
That wasn't strong enough
To be the truth

But everybody wants it so bad
They think if they put enough talk behind it
It'll give it the power to be true

But it doesn't work that way

But they don't know that

And so they lie

So you see what I mean?

As far as honest goes
Everyone's honest

And everyone lies

Not everyone's a crook
Or a thief
Or a con man

But the truth?

The truth's like a hot potato
Most of the time

Seems like nobody can hold onto it
For very long

No comments:

Post a Comment