Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Getting Back in Line

I suppose I should be
Getting in line

Behind the latest guy
You like more than me

I suppose I should be
Happy this time around
Lasted as long as it did

And now I get back
I get back
I'm getting back in line

Back behind guys
Who you're curious about

Back behind guys
Who strike you funny

Back behind guys
Whose bodies you want
To explore
Before you go back to mine

Back behind people
You haven't yet met

Boys who don't even exist

And am I even missed
While I'm standing in back
Waiting quietly
Patiently
Calmly
For you to get back to me

But maybe this time
I won't get
Back in line

Maybe this time around
I'll keep going

Because the line keeps getting longer
The excuses get weaker
For why my calls go unanswered

And now when I make it to the front
I notice you're less and less happy
To see me

So baby, don't worry
I'm tired of telling myself
That it's cool
And it's casual

That it's nothing
To cry over

That I'm being crazy
While you're being
Comfortable

While you sit on your throne
And flip
Through your phone numbers

There was a time
When that was fine
But the time's running thin

So this time
I'm not
Getting back in line

No comments:

Post a Comment