Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Falling Away from Me

I got this job, like--

Like a year ago
Almost a year go

Driving from Miami
To New Orleans
And back

Kind of--

It’s real different, you know
From, like, how I grew up

As soon as I was old enough
I got the fuck out of--

Out of my house
With my parents
Just--

Graduation came
And I was like--

I’m out
Like, fuck it
I’m done

Didn’t even think about college
I thought--

I guess I thought
Once I got down to Florida
I would just figure shit out from there

And, uh--

Took my little car
Which was, uh, already
On its, uh, last legs, whatever
Drove it
Drove it down here
Made it
Can’t believe it

Even got a year out of it
After that

Never took the Korn CD
Out of the CD player
Not once
Just played it all the way down
Tried to--

Tried to, uh, formulate
You know, a plan
Something I could--

Something I could plan on

Didn’t know anybody down here
But this guy
I had been talking to online
And, uh, when we met up
My first day in Miami
He was just--

He ended up just being, like,
This total creep, so

Slept in my car a few times
Then at this girl’s house
This girl I met at Burger King
Where I started working
She had a couch
Really nice

Her, I mean
Not the couch
The couch was shit

A lot of stuff was shit
Back then

Called home a few times
Nobody answered
Then the number didn’t work
So I was like--

Fuck it

Didn’t see the point
In trying to visit, you know?

Um

So I’ve done a bunch of different jobs
This is--

I like this one

I like being on the road
And they give me a car
Which is cool
The car’s new
Never had a new car
I have to give it back to them
When I’m not using it
But that’s okay
I use it a lot
I work a lot
They like that about me
That I work so much

My boss pulled me aside
The other day
And was like--

Just don’t get pregnant

And I was like--

Cool, I’ll try not to

Fucking idiot

Now I just drive

I just drive and I--

I still have that Korn CD
But these new cars
They don’t even have CD players anymore
And I can’t afford a nice phone so

So I should just get rid of it
The CD
But

But I don’t know

I don’t

I don’t and--

I don’t know why

I don’t

No comments:

Post a Comment