Saturday, February 2, 2019

I Don't Know When He's Coming Back


I have no idea when he’s coming back

I thought, he was like--

Well, we’re not close
He and I

We’re--

We made out once
At Sarah Fran Elizabeth’s party
The one on the roof?

We made out there
And so I started following him
And we would message every so often
But, like, he’s gorgeous
And I fully intended
To hang out with him again

And then I see that he’s in Toronto
So I’m like--

Have fun in Toronto

And he’s like--

Thanks babe!

And, like, you know how babe
Has become this, like
Totally non-sexualized thing
That people call you
When they’ve made out with you or something
But now they just want to have you be this
Person who, like, maybe they’ll make out with again
But probably not
So they’re like Thanks babe!

Like, that’s the vibe I was getting from that

So of course now
I’m fixated on him coming back
So, I can, like, get back from babe
To someplace more respectable

Like, I want another shot

Sooo a week goes by
Two weeks
He’s not back

I think--

Okay, he’s taking an extended vacation
A little weird
I’m a little jealous
It’s all a little whatever
But okay

And, then, um, like--

But--Oh!

I should mention--
He definitely didn’t move there
Or, like, plan to move there
Like, he’s not LIVING there now
Or anything

It’s definitely not that

And yet--

It’s been eight months
And he’s...still there

Yeah

It’s so weird

Like, it’s so fucking weird

Like, I actually--

I can’t believe I did this

But I got drunk one night

And I actually messaged him and was like--

Um, are you coming back?  Lol

With the Lol so I wouldn’t sound like a crazy person, and um--

He was like--

Yeah, I think so

I THINK SO?

Like, what does that even mean?

We’re talking about where you live
Where you have a home
Where your belongings are

I think so?

This is not, like, something you should be unsure about

You’re not a traveling circus performer
You’re a marketing strategist
You live a very sedentary lifestyle

And here’s me, just like--

Is this something you can do now?
Can you just go somewhere, and like--

Stay there for an undetermined amount of time?

How does that work?

Specifically how--monetarily--does that work?

Any idea?

No?

Me either!
And yet, that’s what he was doing
And he’s still doing it
He’s still there
And I have no idea when he’s coming back
And, it’s like, you know
I know he and I weren’t really anything
I mean, the kissing was very intimate
And we shared a Lyft after the party
But, like, I don’t know
I still feel like
I’m entitled

To some
Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment