Saturday, January 25, 2020

Contributions to the Marriage

Imagine sitting me down
At a table
With two lawyers
And somebody taking notes
And you sitting there
And me sitting here
And you
You
Asking me
About my contributions
To the--

I’m sorry
I’m sorry

Can I start over?

Imagine you--

I won’t start over
I’ll just--

I’ll just go to--

Imagine--Okay

Your lawyer asking me
On your behalf
What my contributions--

See, I don’t think it
It works that way

I--

I don’t like how that’s--

Mike, I know you want it
Just like how it is
How real it is
But the--I feel like the first question
Needs to come from the husband

I’m not undermining your vision, Mike
I just--You heard how it sounded
It didn’t sound right

It’s not about how I said it, Mike
You know it’s not
It’s got nothing to do with--

I just want to change one part of it
Just that first part
And all the rest--

Me changing one thing
Is not going to bring your script
To its knees, Mike
I’m trying to help

We’re going to go home tonight
And you’re going to be all pissed off
Because something wasn’t working
Just like last night
And you’re up all night
You won’t eat
And I have to deal with that
So just let me help you
Fix this one part that isn’t--

I’m not pulling the wife kid, Mike
That’s not what I’m doing
I’m very respectful of--of--

Of you and your position
But, you know, if I wasn’t your wife
I would probably have even more to say
About how--

None of this makes any--

That the two of them
Are just sitting there
Next to their lawyers
Not saying anything while--

Sweetie, I’ve been divorced, okay?
You haven’t
You don’t know what--

I’m just telling you what happens
You don’t need to--

Never mind, leave it
No, let’s leave it
But fuck you tonight
When you try cry on my shoulder
About how things are--

This is why nobody wants to work with you, Mike
This is why your wife has to do you favors
And be in your movies
Because you have no collaborative spirit
None at all
And nobody wants you to be around you, okay?

I’ll just say that since I’ve already
Crossed a line here
Since that’s what you’re implying

Never mind, can we just start?
Can we go back?

I only needed to do--

Can we just--

Thank you

No, I’m fine
I’m fine
I don’t want to talk now
I just want to say the lines
Like your fucking puppet

So just let me say the lines
All right?

Thank you

Thank you, Mr. Director

Thank you

Okay

Okay, are we good?

Okay

Imagine sitting me down
At a table
With two lawyers
And somebody taking notes
And you sitting there
And me sitting here
And you
You
Asking me
About my contributions

To the marriage

No comments:

Post a Comment