Monday, July 20, 2009

Find Someone Who Likes It Broken

You don't want to fix it
I know, I know

You don't want to hear it
You don't want to know
You don't want to try
You don't want to leave
You don't want to go

And be by yourself
And be vulnerable
And be open to admitting
That you're wrong

That there's something wrong

But there is
And whether you say it
Or you leave it silent
It's there

You don't have to talk to it
But it's there

You don't have to say it
But it's present

You don't have to do
A damn thing you don't want to do
But either way
It's there

It's there

You don't want to repair this
But you want me to figure myself out
Figure how I'm going to add up
All the ways this isn't working
And put it down on paper for you
Making a convincing argument
That we'll be fine

That this will be all be fine
That this bubble will never burst
That a kiss can make it better
That it's going to be okay

You want to wake up
You want to stay sleeping
You want me to do the work

You want me to hammer it home
You want me to nail it down
You want me to wrench myself
And tear myself up
Over how I can do it
How I can't make it work

You don't want to fix this
Well here's my suggestion
Here's my estimation
Here's me looking at this
And coming up
With a solution

If you don't want to fix it
Then you better find someone
Who likes it broken

No comments:

Post a Comment