Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Nine Photos: Part Two

-- Take nine random photos from Flickr's "The Last Seven Days" and connect them in some way. All photos have to appear on the same page, no mix and matching--that would be too easy. Use only nine lines per section, but break them up any way you want. (I hope I'm not the only one to give this a try, because it's really a lot of fun.) This is my second entry. --

"Nine Photos: Part Two"

I. The Tree

I want you to kiss me
Underneath that tree

I'll close my eyes
And you can pretend
I'm anyone you want

Just watch
As the summer sun
Drapes over me

And I'm exactly who you want

II. Fireworks

I don't want to live in the city anymore
I can barely see the fireworks
Through the buildings

I hate the 4th of July
It's such an odd holiday
Not romantic
Not family-oriented
Just patriotic

It doesn't help that I'm alone

III. I Can't Hold You in My Hands

I can just see the headlights
I can't see the car
I can't see if you're waving
Are you waving?

I should have told you to come back
Now all I have is the image of the headlights
On top of my palms as I held my hands out
It was like I was holding fireflies

I stood there until they disappeared

IV. Sight

You left your stash
I went through it
It was...

I had fun
With what you left
More fun than what I had
With you
When you were here

I wonder why I can't see

V. Fireworks, Again

I have to wear this stupid hat
Because otherwise they'll see my hair
Janet really screwed it up this time
I can't go to her anymore
She just doesn't listen to me

I'm glad you're here this time
I'm not mad at you for leaving
I'm just glad you're back
Really

VI. Honeybee

You can't take anymore
I don't know what you want
I just know there's nothing left
Please, God, Christ
There's NOTHING

God, it stings
It actually stings
Can you believe that?
Can you believe that it really stings?

VII. Prairie

I don't know why I got out of the car
I didn't really think he'd drive off
Who ever drives off, you know?

I should use this time to reflect
It'll be dark soon
I could go on a soul walk

I wish I wasn't allergic to everything
I wish he'd come back
I can't be alone out here

VIII. The Faces of Eggs

They're cute
Did you make them?
Did you do that
To cheer me up?

Okay

I appreciate the gesture
Are you going to hide them
Make me go find them?

Is that the game we're playing?

IX. Playing Cards

I'll put it all on the table
Against you leaving
How does that sound?

Don't tell me what I can do
I know the rules
This is my bet

Are you going to see my bet?
I'm betting you don't leave again
Are you going to bet me or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment