Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm Putting It All on You

I'm taking all my chips
Watch me now
I'm taking them all
And I'm putting them down

I'm going to step away
Step away from the table
And let them lay there
Right where they are

I'm going to let them sit
Right there on your chest
Right where it all sits
Right where I can see your breath
Manifest itself
Let up into my gamble

I'm doing it, babe
I'm putting it all on you

Smart says I spread it around
Smart says I play the field
Smart says I keep some stash
Close to my heart

But I don't want to be smart with you
With you I want to be stupid
I want to let it ride

I want to see the possibility
Of everything I have
Evaporating into the air
Directly above your body

I want to see the opportunity
For the dollar signs
And the numbers
And the values
Run down to nothing
Right in front of my eyes

I want to take a chance
On busting
Just to imagine
Me walking away
From this without you
Is enough to make me want to grab

Yank back everything
And walk away
With the little we have

But I want more
I want more than what's there
I want double
Triple, more
Than what's there

I want it all
I want to take it
And put it all on you

So there it is
It's just sitting there
Waiting to multiply
Waiting like me
To become more
Than it is right now

There it is, babe
I'm putting it all on you

No comments:

Post a Comment