Thursday, July 2, 2009

Left My Lipstick on Your Mirror

I left my lipstick on your mirror
So you can have something
To remember me by

A little pucker
Tucked you in last night
Didn't expect
To wake up
With you gone

I left my shoes
In your bathtub
With the water turned on
With some bubble bath mix
So they can float
Two black high heels
Feeling like a queen
The queen I never was
In some rich man's tub

I left my pink ones in your closet
Inside your jacket pocket
So one day at some meeting
You'll go to pull out your handkerchief
Or gum or whatever
And pull out what you pulled off last night
Maybe you'll like it
Maybe you won't
But they're there
Just waiting for you, baby

I left my chapstick on your nightstand
I left my marks on your neck
I left my perfume on your sheets
I left my number
I don't know why

I don't know why
But I did

It's on your kitchen table
With a note saying--

'Call me if you want to'

But I know that you won't want to
I don't know why I left it
But I left it
So whatever

I wanted to leave something
To stay there
Since I couldn't
So I left some stuff
That I don't need

And if you want you can keep it
And if you want you can call
And if you want to you can rub it all away
And I'll be gone

But at least before you do
You'll see my lipstick on your mirror
Laying over your reflection
And it'll be like I'm kissing you
Kissing you good-bye

No comments:

Post a Comment