Monday, July 20, 2009

Natural

I will stand next to
The naked voodoo man
I will have my photo taken
As if it's natural

I will lay naked on the bed
With my tattoo exposed
For the camera
As if it's natural

I will straddle the folding chair
While the air behind me
Curls into black hair
As if it's natural

I will bend my left leg
Seductively to the right
And let the lightning bolt hit me
As if it's natural

I will.........
I will......
I will...
I will

I will lay on my bed
I will write on the wall
I will crawl up the wall
Onto the ceiling
And swing from the fan
As if it's natural

I will destroy whole cities
Made of Oreo cookies
With my milk flood
As if I am the Oreo God
The Goddess of the Oreos
Named Cookie

I will ask the voodoo man his name
And ask if he can heal me
And when he says no
I'll walk away
Laughing

As if that was the answer
I expected

As if 'No' is natural

I will make love as if I am planning something
As if my mind is somewhere else
And so I'll have the distant look
That a movie star gets
When she makes love
And it'll look so natural

I'll let the black air swirl around me
And carry me up into the barn
Where I'll surround myself with hay
And then jump down onto my butterscotch pony
Riding off into the storm
Like Don Quixote at a windmill

A hero, I'll be
A natural hero

I will hear nasty words called at me
While I pose for my glamour shots
Black marker words scrawled on my stomach
Highlighter marks all over my shins
And a blue sharpie
Writing the word

'Natural'

On my arm
For all to see

I'll rock back and forth
On a bed
Like the kind they have
In scary head hospitals

And I'll say--

I will..................
I will............
I will......
I will...

I will blame my divorced parents
For the sex I have
With men twice my age

I will blame my teachers
For my dissolved desire to learn
And my issues with authorities

I will blame society
For not understanding me
And for television

Blame is what you need to do
To take the pressure off you
It's natural

I'll ride a taxi
To a fancy store
Where I'll try on dresses
That don't make me look fat
And I'll buy them all
And take them back home
To a tiny town on the prairie

I'll walk around town
In my city dresses
Bringing flair to the prairie

Creating Prairie Flair
The new craze
Of the world

They'll watch me stroll
Down their faux Main Street
Where girls get dragged
Into dumpsters

They'll look at me
And they'll say my name

They'll say I'm a natural
And I will be

I will..............................

I will....................

I will..........

I will

No comments:

Post a Comment