Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Geena Davis

She explores me
She constrains me
With her tainted archery
And her bewildering gift
For shining cutlery

Geena Davis

She deviates my septum
She protrudes
Begging me to kill her
So that the story can end
On a high note

Geena Davis

She lifts me up
Into the haylofts
Where she enters me
Insisting on no protection
Because I have nothing to fear

Geena Davis

One time she punched me
Leaving a bruise
Shaped like an almond
And brilliantly stated
That it reminded her
Of Jeff Goldbum

Geena Davis

She's in MENSA
But she likes line dancing

She's in my mind
But she haunts it cautiously

She's careful

Of her footsteps
Of her left wing
Of her tubing
Of her kerchiefs

She's oh so careful

Geena Davis

She bellies up
Enough cash
To land on her belly
When the nelly boys
Sing sailor songs to her
On the shores of Lake Herself

Geena Davis

Trace the lines
On my skin
Where you have left
The remains
Of her Oscar
Ground into powder
Pouring into my pores

Geena Davis

I wish I could tame her
But she eats the night
And spits it into sunrise
Every day a new challenge
Pursued by Commander-in-Chief

They say her name
On Indian reservations
Made in Indian restaurants
Where Bombay maitre d's
Demand her presence

Present me with a worthier foe
Show me where to go
Where to sign up
So that her arrows
Can make their way
Into my soul

She is the inner
She is the outer
She is the center

She is the priest
She is the bitch
She is the madonna

She is Speechless
She is Cutthroat Island
She is The Long Kiss Goodnight

She is Beetlejuice
She is Thelma and Louise
She is The Accidental Tourist

A word
Cannot be a word
Cannot be enough
Cannot be more

Than her

Geena Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment