Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Want to Watch Your Life With You

Look at you
Kissing him
Underneath that umbrella

Look at him
Leaning in
Getting his lips ready
Still fully prepared
For your rejection

Look the rain
Look at how light it is
It's like it's not even raining
It's like someone's flying above you
A plane full of people
And the windows are open
Which isn't possible
But go with me on this
Just go with me

They all have eye drops
Or eye droppers
How do you say it?

It doesn't matter

They take the eye drops
And drop them down on you
So you have these little drops
Drops of rain
Falling on you and him
And he's leaning in--

And the umbrella
God, that umbrella is perfect!

Where did you get that umbrella?
Did a photographer give that to you
Because that is just too perfect
Look at how huge it is!
It's massive!
It's a massive umbrella
And you're tucked underneath it
And it's perfect

The whole thing is just...
Perfect

I want to watch your life with you
I want to watch it
Just like this
Have a running commentary
On your life

I want to watch you make chicken
I want to watch you dance on a patio
I want to watch you fall in snow
I want to watch you laugh about it
I want to watch you kiss this guy

I want to watch it over and over
And it's not stalking
I don't think it's stalking
Not in my opinion
Because I don't want to hurt
Or own you or even really love you

I just want to watch you
And I'll skip the creepy bits
I'll skip right past anything sexual
Anything too private
Any moment where you're hurting

I just want to watch moments like these
Where you're standing underneath an umbrella
And this absolutely gorgeous guy
Is leaning in to kiss you

And you look just beautiful
And your head is tipped back
And your hair is like fairy tale princess black
And your eyes have just closed
And it's perfect

I just want to watch moments like that
I just want to see you that happy
Every time it happens

I don't want to snap a photo of it
I don't want to write about it later

(Discount what I'm doing now)

I don't want to be in it
I just want to see it

From behind a tree
From above, in the clouds
From a distant hill
Catching it all through binoculars

Hmm, binoculars are creepy
Maybe not binoculars
But clouds
Clouds sounded pretty?
Poetic, didn't it?
Sound that way?

I want to watch your life with you
And then if you need to remember
That moment, under that umbrella
With that boy who was so scared of you
And yet madly in love with you

You can just ask me
And I''ll tell you all about it

No comments:

Post a Comment