Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Go Get Me a Miracle

You're gonna need to move a mountain
And I'm talkin' a real mountain
I'm not talkin' a hill
I want to see you move Everest
Killamyjaro, somethin' like that
Because that'd be a miracle

And you
Getting back in this house
Would take a miracle

I'm gonna need to see you walk on orange juice
Not just water
That's been done
I ain't impressed by that

I wanna see you turn all the water in the Pacific
Into tasty, fresh orange juice
And then walk across it
While I sit there on the shore
Sipping my juice
And watching you get your feet wet

Because that's what it's gonna take
That's what you're gonna have to do
To get yourself back into my life

You'd need to take a koala bear
And make it into a cheetah

You'd need to take a sweater
And make it into a convertible

You'd need to take me
And make me innocent again
Because that, baby
Would be a miracle

You asked me
If we could ever be us again
And I wanted to say 'Never'
But I guess
I suppose
That if the Lord Jesus
Descended from Heaven
With Jimmi Hendrixx
And Liberace

And they all sang 'Love the One You're With'
And played Monopoly with me
And told me I should take you back

I'd consider it

So there you go, baby
Go get me a miracle
Then we'll talk

No comments:

Post a Comment