Monday, August 10, 2009

Play Jackie Wilson

Put on Jackie Wilson
I want to dance with the kids
I want to dance around the kitchen table
And dance around the pasta
And dance around the salad
And act like an idiot

I want to push my hands up
Right up against the ceiling
So damn low
The plaster falls on your head

I want to use the bowls
For hats and drums
I want to shake the toaster
Like in Ghostbusters 2

I want to be The Big Chill
I want to be the big deal
I want to take it into the living room
And then out onto the streets

I want to hug my woman
I want to kiss her
And make her laugh
Like she laughed
The day she realized
She was marrying a fool

I want to dance with my kid
And see if I can get her
To stop calling me old
And start calling me crazy

I want to dance with my mother-in-law
See if I can make her any sorrier
Her daughter married such a putz

I want to dance around
To 'Higher and Higher'
And see if we can go past the ceiling

I want to see if we can go up
And look down
And wonder who all those crazy people are
Down in the kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment