Thursday, August 13, 2009

You're Coming Home With Me

-- I was reading the daily blogs today and a girl was quoted as saying that the sexiest thing she thinks a man can do is look you dead in the eyes and say "You're coming home with me." I think he'd have to say a little more to err on the opposite side of creepy, and so I thought I'd give expanding it a try without taking away from the overall bang of the title. --

"You're Coming Home With Me"

You can laugh
At all the unfunny jokes
Told by unfunny men
Standing around in clothes that fit fine
But remind you of your dad

You can let them think they're bad boys
When really they bore you
Take their numbers so you can ignore their calls
Fall for their best friends
Who already have girlfriends
And make friends with the girlfriends
Hoping to end your infatuations

Standing at your station
Next to the bar
Wondering how far you'd go
With a show-up who'd blow-up
Your pre-conceived notions
While lotioning down your defense mechanisms
Creating a schism between every asshole
And troll in this place
And you
And him
And he'd say--

You're coming home with me

You can dance
Surrounded by all your friends
And bend around to scan the man
Who turns out to be not so hot

You can wall yourself up
Have a ball acting
Like you're having a ball

Call out your friends' names
When they pair up and head out
To play mindgames with famous losers
Who will still win in the bullshit olympics
Cause the fools made the rules
And your friends like to play
But I'm the only guy
Who's had the balls to say

You're coming home with me

I don't particularly care
Who you think I am
And what you think I want
Or what I think you need
Or what everyone's thinking
When you dance with me

I won't particularly mind
Finding you in my bed
Tomorrow morning

I don't know who you are
I don't know if you're
Who I want

Or who you want me to be

All I know is
You're coming home with me

No comments:

Post a Comment