Tuesday, August 18, 2009

She's Gonna Take My Picture

She's gonna put me in a field
A field of flowers
With a sunny day ray of light
Casting me right
Ain't she though?

Get my good side
Get my bad side
Get my guard up
Get me making faces
Get me upside down

She's gonna hang me from my toes
She's gonna run me up the flagpole
Down into my socks
Rocks stepping on me for a change
Crashing on the port
Of the shore
With the ships
Dripping rain onto my face
To make me look like Heaven

Don't I look like Heaven?
Don't I look angelic?
Don't I look like trouble?

Can you capture that?
Can you trap me in your lens
Bend me down into a silver frame
Game to game, mindfucking game

Pleasing palates sophistocado
Enduring unspeaking atrocities
Nonsense words and elevator music

Get me coming off the train
Get me coming onto a married man
Get me coming to my senses
With my nonsense words
Reappearing in another stanza
Dancing with an old man
And his cane

She's gonna take my picture
Aren't you?
Aren't you?

Just tell me where to stand
Just tell me how to sit
Just tell me when the flash goes on
I may not notice it

No comments:

Post a Comment