Tuesday, August 18, 2009

So It Was Crazy to Stand in the Rain Waiting

-- Christin's Suggestion --

"So It Was Crazy to Stand in the Rain Waiting"

So it was crazy
So I was wet
So you were clearly
Not amused

Not even a little bit

So your neighbors called the cops
Not realizing my brother is a cop
Who called them off
And personally begged me
To come home
And stop humiliating the family

So dogs were barking
So a raccoon approached me
And then seemed to shake its head
In judgment of my predicament

So curtains were drawn, then undrawn
So songs were sung
So promises were made
So hostage negotiators were proposed
So a fool was born

So what?

So it was crazy to stand in the rain waiting

I wasn't just waiting
I was hoping
I stood there hoping

I'm still hoping

I'm hoping the rain stops eventually
I'm hoping the leaves change colors
I'm hoping the snowmen are prevalent this winter
I'm hoping all this makes a good book one day

I'm hoping
I'm just hoping

I'm hoping you let me keep hoping
I'm hoping you at least give me that

No comments:

Post a Comment