Friday, August 7, 2009

Stand in the Rain with Me

Where you going?

Don't you like it?
Don't you like the rain?
Don't you like getting fresh again
Being friends with nature
Being one with open skies
Lying about how you lost your dryness
And your shyness with a boy
Standing in the rain?

Come on, boy
Stand in the rain with me

Unbutton your shirt
And let the drops hit your chest
The best way to clear up
Everything rattling around inside you
Is to ride it out on a flooded street
Beating the heat with a dancing man
Who's a fan of soaking in
The cloud's parade

There might be a delay
So in the meantime
Stand in the rain with me

See how I look
Under watery conditions
Don't make me petition you
To do what you wanna do

Don't make me beckon
For a second, boy, come on
Come stand in the rain with me

And if it washes us away
I'll stay right next to you
Holding onto you
Like the life-saver you are

If the river sweeps us
Past abandoned homes and cars
We'll have a head start
On getting where we're going
Cause as I'm sure you know

All water leads
To dryer land

And that's where I wanna stand
With you when all the rain is through

But until then
Stand in the rain with me

No comments:

Post a Comment