Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Take Me Down the Stairs

-- This is for Dillon. Working with him is a real pleasure. He mentioned to me that he's always wanted to play a crazy person. Dillon, here's your crazy person. --

"Take Me Down the Stairs"

Where you going?

Oh

Down where?

There?

Oh

Okay

Take me

Let's go down

I wanna see what's underneath me

I wanna test the waters

I wanna see how hot it gets

The closer you get to the center

I can feel the heat

When I stamp down on the floor

To let them know I'm here

See

They don't know I'm here

Because I'm so high up past them

That all they can feel

Is the weight of me resting above their heads

Hear me swinging?

Hear me swinging around up here

Do you know what sound you make

When you're holding your breath?

You do you know

You make a sound

Why don't we go down?

Stop looking down

Just go

Just move

I'll go too

I'll go right after you

You'll feel me move behind you

Touch you lightly on the back of your neck

Gotta be barely there

To have someone really notice you

You know?

Of course you know

So let's go down the stairs

Let's see who's living down here

There's nobody up here

Nobody but me

No comments:

Post a Comment