Sunday, August 9, 2009

Reflection

You love the eyes that go wide
Whenever you speak
You love the questions he doesn't ask
Because you assume
He already knows
He already knows you
So well, doesn't he?

You love how soft he talks
And how he walks into a room
With all eyes on him
You love that he goes to the gym
More than you do
You love that he doesn't say much
But his touch feels so good

You love projecting on him
All the things you need him to be
That you didn't see in me
Because I'm not as quiet
Not quite as demure
And I'm sure that I wasn't the pillar
That he is
To lean on

I know what you love
When you look at him
You love your reflection
The projection of yourself
Onto this guy

Who never asks questions
And you never ask why
Why you spend all your time
Wondering who he reminds you of
How nice it must be
To fall in love
With yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment