Monday, August 10, 2009

Take the Mess Somewhere Else

Every time it happens
You look at me
And say--

'A mess just means it worked'

Well I got news for you

It ain't working
It ain't doing nothin'
But breakin' down
And breakin'
And makin' more shit
For me to clean up

Welcome to the news
I'm your new anchor
The news anchor
And I got a flash

You're takin' this mess
Somewhere else

Cause I'm tired of livin' with it
Trying to figure out what closets to shove it in
Trying to figure out what rug to sweep it under
Trying to figure out what I'm doing
And why I've been doing it for so long

You act like everything
Is this or that

'Some people don't talk
That's how some people handle things.'

As if it's personality types
It's not
It's problems
It's damage
It's issues
It's wrong

Just because it's how you are
Doesn't make it right

I'm out of places to hide
The stuff pouring out of the walls
Over the floorboards
Down from the ceiling

I've filled every box I have
I've got overflow
Flowing out of everywhere

And I can't take it
Which means you have to

You have to pick it all up
And cart it all out
And I don't care to where

But if you can do that
Maybe you can come back
I hope you can
But I'm not holding my breath either

It's your choice to leave
But this shit is leaving
Either way

So take it out
Take it all out

Take your mess
Somewhere else

No comments:

Post a Comment