Saturday, October 13, 2012

Rose Is Dead

Rose is dead and she left all her money to Nick
Because he stopped by the house a few times
When she was sick
Can you stand it?
I can't stand it

She's my aunt my whole life
And I got nothin'
Nothin' from that woman
Like I was nobody
Like I didn't wash her feet
Or put her to bed
Or let her stay in my house rent-free
For two months
While Cheryl was renovating hers

She sat on my couch for two months
Eating my food
Watching my tv
Never gave me a dime
Not that I would have taken it
She was my aunt
I loved her
But still
All that money
All to a kid
A kid who came to see her a few times

I mean, he's my nephew
And I love him dearly
But don't tell me
He came to visit her
Out of the goodness of his heart

Twenty-year-old boys
Who like nice things
Don't go sneaking around an old lady with money
Unless they want something
And now he's got it

Forty thousand dollars
Can you imagine?

And me, Cheryl, and Nick's father
All get nothing

You ask me, she went insane there at the end
Probably thought Nick was his father
Probably thought that whore girlfriend of his
Was Cheryl
I don't know who she could have mistaken for me
Maybe the picture of Suffering Mary hanging on the wall

All I know is what's right is right
And this ain't right

Nick should get forty thousand dollars
When I need a new roof
And Cheryl's kids don't have cars?

Mike says Nick offered to pay for the funeral
I said, 'He can pay for ten funerals.  What am I supposed to say?  Thank you?'

Please
Don't even
I'm sick about this

She was my aunt
My favorite aunt
Last person living from my childhood
And now she's gone
And what do I get?

What do I get out of her dying?

It makes me sick, you know that?

The whole thing
Just makes me sick

No comments:

Post a Comment