Monday, October 15, 2012

Wrapping Up Bible Study

You know, I have to say
I'm not sure about switching our bible study
To Sunday evenings

We already have church in the morning
And church outreach in the afternoon
And now bible study at night?
It just seems like our 'day of rest' isn't all that restful anymore, am I right?

Hahaha okaaaaaaaaay then

Well, since everybody else just loves spending their nights
Analyzing the word of the Lord
I guess I'll just have to learn to adapt
I mean, I am your pastor after all
I must bend and sway
At the will of my flock

It would just be--and this is really nothing, just, uh...

Well, if we could finish by nine
That would be ideal
Because, uh, haha, well, I can't lie, so--
I mean, I could lie, but I'm, haha, not allowed to

There's a program that comes on at nine o'clock
That I like very much
Called Sensual Danger
It's really not as bad as it sounds
But it's highly addictive
I turned it on one night
When I was working on a sermon
About the dangers of television

So I started watching Sensual Danger
As the perfect example
Of the sex-drenched, violent, evil dreck
We see on television
And the next thing I knew
I was hooked

And it's not exactly a show you can afford to miss

Oh sure, I could DVR it
But then I go home on Facebook
And some jerk has posted what happened
And it comes up on my newsfeed
And ruins everything for me
So I just prefer to be there, at home
When it first airs

So if it'll expedite the process
I can just tell you all the ending
To the loaves and the fishes

There were plenty
God is good
Jesus makes food multiply like Gremlins
And everybody was happy

Now let's say an amen
And start heading home
Because tonight Monica is going to tell Sam
That Cody is really his son
And if I miss that
There will be hell to pay

Hahaha no, but really
There might be

No comments:

Post a Comment