Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back When I Could Play Your Body

I liked hearing the sounds
Your giggle
Your sharp intake of breath
The less you take back
The more you give

I liked the upsides
And the right sides
And the sides I believed in
And the times I spent
Bent down on my knees
Pleasing the prayers
As I was sending them up

I liked the tempos
The pacing
The rhythm
The beat
The breaking down
Of the hard stuff
And the sweet release

Back when I could play your body
Back when I knew the lines
Back when I predicted the future
Back when I could still tell time

Back then I knew the circles
And the way out of the circles
Now I'm just in the corner
Of a closet
In a house
On a street
You don't live on anymore

But back when I could play your body
Back when I could hit the notes
I floated up to Heaven
On the music
On the music

Every time

No comments:

Post a Comment