Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Medieval Martin Learns His Lines for "Richard III"

-- I wondered the other day how difficult it was for people already surrounded by hardships like...you know...the plague...to learn tons of classical lines. And so... --

"Medieval Martin Learns His Lines for Richard III"

Now is the...

Now is the...

Damn, all right

Let me look at it

..Winter of our...okay, got it...

Now is the...

...MARGARET! Could you please butcher the turkey somewhere else? I came outside to learn lines. We do go before the Queen in FIVE DAYS! Please? Thank you.

Uh, all right...

Let's see...

Now is the...

Harold, I told you, Daddy will bleed the wound after dinner. Until then, wrap up some of the cow droppings into a cloth and hold it up against where it's swelling. That should ease the pain.

That's a boy.

All right, here we go.

Now is the...the...spring?

Let me look at it.

DAMN! Winter of our--

Got it.

What is it, Kate?

Darling, I told you. You'll be married next year when you're a woman. You're only ten years old now. What sort of sicko would I be if I let some man have at you now?

Don't you want someone who respects you?

That's a girl.

Now go pray to God to absolve you of the inherent sin that rests forever inside your womanly soul.

Now, where was I?

Right, now is the winter of our...

MARGARET!

TELLING YOU TO STOP BUTCHERING THE TURKEY WAS NOT MY WAY OF ASKING YOU TO SLAUGHTER THE PIG!

PLEASE WILL ALL OF YOU JUST STOP?

I AM A THESPIAN TRYING TO PERFECT THE ROLE OF A LIFETIME!

. . . . .

Now is the winter of our...discontent

YES!

YES!

YES!

All right...

Next line...

No comments:

Post a Comment