Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sand Castle

I'll let you play board games
On top of my stomach

I'll let you take field trips
To all my far-out places
Where you don't need permission
To go

I'll let you dress me
I'll let you undress me
I'll let you mess me around

I'll let it be dirty
I'll let it be wrong
I'll talk to your rhythms
It'll be just like a song

You can take me
You can break me
You can make me feel bad

I'll let you break me down
Until I'm nothing but sand

Then you can make me a castle
You can make me a house
You can bury yourself in me
Up to your heart

I'll hold you down
Until you want to be free
Then you can shake me off
Take me off
And wash me away

I'm not proud
I'm not uptight
I'm not a good man
I'm not willing to fight

There's tears where I sleep
And they won't seem to dry
I'm sick of crying and lying
And lying alone

I don't do the blues well
And I don't like to talk
So walk me towards you
Or I'm off on my own

No, go down to the beach
Feel me up in your toes
FInd the spot where I'm wet
And the spot where I'm fresh
Roll around in me
Don't think of the mess

I can be a sand castle
I can be free and fun
I can be your September
Or your warm summer months

I just want to be something
Mold me into your something
Something that'll force you to stay

Do it now
Before the ocean
Washes me
Away

No comments:

Post a Comment