Friday, April 23, 2010

Saints and Lovers

You can have it on the Blue Island Expressway
While I'm on my way home
Hands crawling down
Underneath the steering wheel
Trying not to drive me off the road

You can have it
You can take it

Saints and lovers
That's what you wanna be
Be my saint
Have me be your lover

See if we can keep the motor oil
From mixing with the holy water

You can pray for my salvation
You can hope that I won't tempt you with my wares
But I'm a bitch, boy
I can lie like other guys sing the blues

I get nasty
I get feisty

Saints and lovers
Boys and boys
And fruit and cake

Do you like the bad boys, sweetie?
Do you wanna be my victim?
Do you have a harp to play?

Because with me you pay up front
And I think you like my treads
I think your head's abandoned you
And other parts are making your heart
Do all the wrong things

All the things I like

Like saints and lovers
Flings and whims
And swimming
In roped off pools
Trying to stay cool
When it's just getting hot

So you brought your halo, huh?

Is that all you got?

No comments:

Post a Comment