Saturday, April 10, 2010

Play 'Crocodile Rock'

I have some advice

Play 'Crocodile Rock'

Wait, hear me out

Of every song I love
'Crocodile Rock' is by far
The silliest

Yes, I know
It's a song about lost youth
And lost friends
And rock 'n roll
And crocodiles
And Stop and Shop

You don't believe me?

Here, sing it--

'Croc-rockin'--you stop and shop, and your feet just can't keep still'

No?

Well, anyway--

Despite all the messages underneath
What people really love about it
Is that it's fun

It makes you laugh
It makes you dance
It lets you sing 'La la la la la'
And somehow it feels okay

Underneath there's a deep message there
And I do believe in finding out what's underneath
But that doesn't mean you can't appreciate
Everything that's on the surface

So play 'Crocodile Rock'
And if you don't know the words
That's okay
Just join in on the 'La la la's

No comments:

Post a Comment