Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I Bet I Know When He Said It

I bet I know when he said it

I bet you were making love
And in a moment of sheer passion
He forgot that he's really not feeling you anymore
Even as he was feeling you all over
And he let the three words
Slip out of his lips
And he tripped before he could get them back

Am I on the right track?
Is that when he said it?

I bet he was thinking
Of how much time he has left
Before the cleft in his chin
Begins to become more pronounced
And all the other flaws
Cause all the other boys
To stop making so much noise
When they find out he's with you

Am I telling the truth?
Is that when he said it?

I bet he was rolling it out
Like a stone up a hill
I bet it'll still sound as grounded
As a smothered frown
Every time you think back on it

But I bet you're so pleased
That he said it to you
And not the other eight guys
He's been memorized by
In the past two weeks

Should I keep going
Or can I freeze here?

I bet I know when he said it
And I bet I know why
And believe me
I'm not
A betting guy

No comments:

Post a Comment