Thursday, April 15, 2010

Watch My Hair

Watch my hair
Get chopped off

Watch it dye from black to white
Watch me blonde myself

Watch me roughen up the edges
Slash off the bangs
Bang up the back

Watch me make it asymmetrical
Watch me take it to new levels
Of uncomfortable

Watch me mullet it down
Then business it up
Get it short on the top
And wild in the front

Watch me shave it all off
Then let it grow back
Until it's down my back
Until it gets back your attention
Did I mention why I'm doing this?

They say sometimes
People who grieve
Will cut off their hair

But I'm not really grieving
Because you're not really here

Instead you're with him
And he got a new haircut
Just for you

So what should I do?

I'll tell you

I'll punish my hair
For being on my head
For making me look good to you
For all the times you yanked it back
In that playful-but-not sort of way

Watch my hair pay
For the hate that I have now
For how stupid I let you make me feel

Well now I'll look real stupid
Instead of just feeling that way

Watch my hair
Watch it go as crazy
As you think I am

Then watch all that crazy
Get cut
Away

No comments:

Post a Comment