Friday, April 16, 2010

Let Me Know If You're Coming

Let me know if you're coming
I won't bake a cake
But I will take the light bulbs out
Of all the lamps

I'll clamp down the windows
Cause the last time
We broke the glass

And I'll class up the joint
Point the weather vane
Towards the storm
And warn the couple next door
We're about to floor them

If you're coming I'm making drumsticks
And tricking my friends
Into thinking I'm on vacation
Delaying my imaginary staying
As I'm praying you get here faster

So let me know if you're coming
And I'll crack the oven
Shove in the chicken
And pick up a movie
That we've seen before

I'll rip the sheets off the bed
And instead of lighting candles
I'll see if you can handle
The comforting dark

So park your car
Then call to say you're outside

And if you decide
You're staying in tonight

Then let me know
When I should head over

No comments:

Post a Comment