Saturday, April 17, 2010

Maybe I'll Find You in the Night

Maybe I'll find you
With bright blue eyes
Green skin, scaled
Tongue sliding out
To approach the air

Maybe I'll find you
With the hood still on
Unshaven, unclear
About where you are
But not far from the pier

Maybe I'll find you
Holding a red red rose
Waiting with your camera
For a damn good shot

Maybe you got yourself lost in the fight
Or maybe I'll find you in the night

Is it green where you are?
Are there castle walls
And tall buildings
And lights lighting up
Unilluminated areas?

Is there learning going on?
Have you learned anything
About how to bring
More of yourself
To the kitchen table?

Is there a suitcase
With your things mispacked in it
Stacked on a bench next to you
Doing nothing but reminding you
That you're not finding anything
Out in the wide vast world?

Maybe you've learned to make things right
Or maybe I'll find you in the night

No comments:

Post a Comment