Saturday, June 19, 2010

Don't Ask

You want a drink, man?

Why don't you let me get you a drink?

I got some beers in the fridge
From this party I had Friday night

It was crazy, man

Forty girls
Six guys
You do the math

Why don't I get you a drink?

Don't you drink anymore?

I didn't even know you were back

I thought they had you in Afghanistan
Until October

Geez, that's fuckin' crazy, man

So you're back

I mean, you're back back

Wow

Holy shit

Good for you, man

Hey, why don't you have a drink?

No, seriously, man
Have a drink

I could use a fuckin' drink

So what made you look me up?

Didn't think I was going to see you for awhile
I'll be honest with you

Thought I could have some time to, uh
Process stuff, you know?

I came back feeling like maybe I had PTSD or some shit like that
But we didn't actually do anything while we were over there
So...

I mean, not really, you know?

Nothing to write books about

. . . . .

You look good

Still in good shape

How's your arm?

Only fuckin' guy I know got hurt in Afghanistan
Playing fuckin' catch

Hey, you got a tattoo now?

Roll up your sleeve
Let me see it

Looks good

Sure you don't want that drink?

. . . . .

You still chill, man?

You know what I mean?

You still know how to hang?

Cause I mean
We used to hang out, you know?

Used to have fun
Have a few drinks

Cause we could trust each other

We understood each other

Some guys out there
They get into trouble
Which is fine, you know?

What else are you going to do out there?

Can't play fuckin' Scrabble forever

Where they fuck up is
They get into trouble
Then they start shoutin' about it

And that's a different kind of trouble

Act all proud and shit
Like they figured out a cure
For boredom

Like nobody ever figured out
What you could do
To pass the time
When you're fucked up
And you might get your fuckin' dick shot off
Before you see your girlfriend again
So you don't even care what you do

A bunch of assholes walking around
Like they just figured out
Their dicks could work both ways

Then the rest of us
Who know how to keep our mouths shut
Have to listen to lectures
And bullshit

At least now we can do what we want, you know?

As long as we keep it to ourselves

We can do that, right?

Have a few drinks
Have some fun
Compare tattoos

Haha, come on man, that's funny shit

You just going to sit there and stare at me
Like I committed a fuckin' crime or something?

What are you mad I didn't call?

I thought you were gone
You know, until October

Why was I gonna call?

Why should I fuckin' have to call?

Look, I was busy all right?

Getting out
Moving to a new city
Trying to rebuild my fuckin' psyche

Sorry I forgot to send you a fuckin' postcard
I didn't realize you were going to hunt me down
Like a fuckin' nutjob

Stop giving me bullshit death glares, all right?

It's not like it was easy

Nothin's fuckin' easy

Get that tattooed on your fuckin' arm
How about that?

. . . . .

I had forty girls here the other night man
Forty fuckin' girls
And I sat on a porch
And drank beer after beer
Until I walked into some girl from Peoria
And we fucked in the bathroom
Like we were in high school

And the next day I woke up
And I...

You know, at first
I actually thought I missed being there

Can you fuckin' believe there?

I thought I missed it

Then I realized
I wasn't missing being gone
I just fuckin' hate being home

I hate having to throw parties
Just to see who shows up
Who I'm still friends with

Having girls who don't know shit
Sit on my lap and tell me
They wanna fuck a guy in uniform

Sucks, man, fuckin' sucks

. . . . .

I'm gonna go lay down

You wanna crash here tonight?

I got a pull-out

Or you know...

Whatever

It'd be nice to chill again
Like we used to

But that's up to you, man

Still have to follow the same rules

But we can still have fun, you know?

It's up to you

I'm going to grab a few beers
And then hit the sack

Think about it man

It'd be nice to know
That not everything's changed

No comments:

Post a Comment