Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pennies from a Blind Man

I think I'm giving you gold
I think I'm pouring diamonds in your hands
I think I understanding what you want from me
And yet I don't see anything

It's guessing
I'm just guessing

I think I'm enjoying the mornings
When really it's past your bedtime
And I'm hearing the rhyming
When the words don't stick

I'm picking my battles
But I'm losing the war
And all I'm good for is a joke or two
Before you let me know
What's really going on

I think I'm playing the right music
I think I'm lighting the right candles
But I don't have a handle on this at all
I'm falling in all the holes
Going nowhere


I didn't realize someone put me on a treadmill
Until I nearly finished my imaginary marathon

I'm on all kinds of drugs
And I think I'm eating candy
I'm not as handy as I'd like to believe
And I'm relieved to find out
That what I'm about
Is an illusion
And the confusion you're feeling
Is you not seeing
That I'm not seeing
Anything

I thought I was giving you gold
And all you got were pennies
From a lovestruck blind man
Who thought he was doing enough

I'm sorry I didn't have the stuff
I didn't know

I really didn't know

No comments:

Post a Comment