Wednesday, June 9, 2010

If I Could Dream It All

If I could dream
That we were beach side
On a summer night
Lighting up the sand
With your hand in mine
Finding reasons
Not to go back inside

I would
I would I could dream it all

If I could dream
That we were on a rooftop
With all your friends
And you were still looking at me
Like you were seeing
Trips to Italy and France
And we end the night dancing in front of a city
That only includes you and me

I would
I wish I could dream it all

If I could dream
Then I may not be persuaded
To wake up each day
Facing the notion
That there's an ocean of missed opportunity
Between me and the boy
I wish I could see daily

I'd dream that phone calls
And letters and e-mails
Were unnecessary

If I could dream
If I could dream it all

I'd sleep until this life I have before me
Becomes nothing but a dream

And the dream becomes you
And you were always
The dream

No comments:

Post a Comment