Friday, June 25, 2010

Harlen's One Month Anniversary

Sooooooooo does everyone know
What today is?

That's right

It's my one month anniversary
With my AH--mazing boyfriend Raj

I can't believe it's already been this long

It feels like just days ago
That we met and started dating
At Nikita Powell's Elton John party

There I was dressed up like Captain Fantastic
And there he was done up like Donald Duck
And we looked across the room at each other
And magic was born

Nikita likes to say the magic was born on her bed
And we owe her for the dry-cleaning
But that's just her way of being bitter and supportive
All at the same time

Raj has definitely changed my life

For one thing, before I was sad, lonely, and single
I used to sit home by myself and watch television
Alone--every night

Now I watch television with Raj

Isn't it amazing that the only difference
Between a pitiful existence
And a fulfilling one
Is having someone next to you on the couch
While you're doing exactly what you would normally do alone?

I guess the same could be said for sex

Hahaha--but seriously, he's amazing in bed.

AH--mazing.

Normally I would feel uncomfortable talking about sex
But when I'm talking about me having sex
It feels totally natural
Because I can sense how jealous everyone is of me

Occasionally I get jealousy and apathy mixed up
But it doesn't happen too often

Now, I'm not saying we have the perfect relationship

No relationship is perfect

This month has been an unending series of ups and downs

Between our first fight, to our first make-up sex
To allegations of him cheating
To confirmation of him cheating
To my journey of forgiveness
To him discovering he's a sex addict
To his rehabilitation
To my rediscovery of my inner lion
To our reconnection in the abandoned parking lot near my house
Where we made love by the fire
Coming from this homeless guy's trash can

It was the best month of my life
Second only to that month
I did 'Jesus Christ Superstar'
With the Bixby Players

Okay, gotta go

Raj is taking me to a movie
To celebrate the big 1...Point 0-0

Man, time flies
When you're in love

No comments:

Post a Comment