Thursday, February 3, 2011

Another Restless Man in Town

Oh, she's blue today, boys
Oh, she's down and desperate
She's got her eyes
Trained on me

She's looking to make me
Another restless man in town

Her boots are made of wire
Her sunglasses, soap and soda
Her hands are soft but strong and light

And when she calls me
She calls me from another man's phone

I got her tickets
I got her dresses
I got her figured down
But not figured out

She likes to tell me jokes
And make me steak
And sing me to sleep
When I drink too much

But deep down she's looking at the door
But deep down she's listening to the trains
But deep down she's going up, up, up

And while she's whistlin'
She's doing dishes
Talking to people who aren't there

Meanwhile I'm running out of band-aids
I'm running out of poetry
I'm running out of time
To make my case

Another man could take her
Another man could say just the right thing
Another man could sweep her off her dreams

Leaving me
Just another
Restless
Man in town

No comments:

Post a Comment