Friday, February 25, 2011

The Unexpected Night Out

Malcolm, it was totally unexpected

I found a spot
And I took it

No, I didn't need it

I had just dropped Jen off
At the movies
And I was going through downtown
And there was this perfect spot
Right in front of Stacey's

Well, I had it to take it

Malcolm, when is there ever a spot in front of Stacey's?
When have either of us ever gotten a spot in front of Stacey's?
That is prime parking, Malcolm
I couldn't pass that up

That's like a Buy-One-Get-Nine-Free sale on tomato sauce
You may not exactly need nine jars of tomato sauce
But a deal is a deal

So I parked my car and figured I'd walk around downtown
For an hour or so

I was going to call you
But then I got waved into this restaurant
By this woman named Diana
Who apparently thought I was her friend, Patty
And when she found out I wasn't
She remembered that she had forgotten to invite Patty
And so she offered to let me stay and have dinner with her
And we had such a nice time
That before I knew it
We were at the Oyster Bar
On Stynton Street
Getting hit on by...

...nobody...

Malcolm, it was wonderful

Before I knew it
It was four am

Thank God Jen's friend Cara's mother
Was picking them up
From the movies

Oh yes, the car...well...

Apparently that spot was open
Because parking in front of Stacey's
Is now illegal 

Something about a fire hydrant--Oops!  Haha...

They towed the car
But I did get a ride home from Diana
And that's when you heard me sneaking in this morning

Oh, and that's Diana on the couch

I'm sure the car is somewhere safe
At some impound lot
Or something like that

We can go get it after breakfast

Oh don't look so upset, Malcolm

It was an adventure
I suppose not so much for you
Since you weren't the one having it

But trust me
It was well worth the trouble

No comments:

Post a Comment