Thursday, February 24, 2011

Eleanor Roosevelt in "Dreamgirls"

Ladies, ladies, please
Let us not fight amongst ourselves!

Perhaps I have put on some weight
And yes, I have been a bit temperamental
Because of my current condition, and--

No, Deena, don't be silly
Of course I'm not pregnant
I'm just a lesbian

A lesbian, Deena
I enjoy women

No, not you, Deena
I don't enjoy you
You are having sexual relations with my husband, after all

No, I'm not talking about Curtis
I'm talking about Franklin

Don't think I didn't notice you
Sneaking around the White House
At all hours of the night
When we did our Christmas concert there

I would have said something
But I was on vocal rest at the time

None of this has anything to do with me being kicked out of the group

I refuse to be tossed aside
Like some Senator's wife

I'm the First Lady, and the lead singer
And if I have to choose
Then Franklin's going to be wheeling himself around the Smithsonian from now on
Because my passion is my singing

...And my gardening...

...But mostly the singing

And I am informing you that I have no intention of exiting

What?

You'd like me to sing that?

Absolutely not

I don't know about you, girls
But Mrs. Roosevelt does not sing
Unless she's getting paid

No comments:

Post a Comment