Saturday, February 12, 2011

Holly Golightly at Airport Security

Oh my dear man, I don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about

WHY can't I bring Cat along with me on the plane?

I simply couldn't put him in a carrier
He'd hate it

Besides, wouldn't it do the passengers good
To see a lovely cat
Roaming around the plane
Having a lovely time?

I dare say he has a better disposition than you do

You can't possibly be upset about the gun I was carrying

That was an antique given to me by a distinguished gentleman
In lieu of...well, we spent some time together
And he wanted to give me a present

He was a hunter you know
Wanted to give me a boar's head
But it looked so dreadful
And anyway, I wouldn't have anywhere to put it

I don't like guns
But the world isn't like it used to be

Why, a girl can't walk the deserted streets of the city
At six in the morning
Wearing a diamond necklace
Without worrying that someone's going to rob her

Oh, my dear man, I always carry knives around with me
Otherwise I might be served a steak that I'll be unable to eat
You wouldn't expect me to try cutting it up using a spoon, would you?

And I need various knives
Because I have no idea what sort of steak they're going to serve me

A big steak, a small steak, a tough steak, a fatty steak

So I need to be prepared!

The what?

Oh, that's not a real bomb

It's just a prop bomb

I worked on a movie for a few days
And when they wouldn't pay me
I took the bomb in protest
And I've had it with me ever since

Sir, I would hope that in your line of work
You could tell the difference
Between a fraudulent bomb
And the real thing!

If you just bring me the bomb, I can show you

When you hit the detonate button
It plays 'Moon River'

My dear man, do you plan on keeping me here much longer?

I have an appointment in Paris
That I absolutely cannot miss

Well, can I at least use the powder room?

Thank you, sir
I'll be right back

By the way, the powder room does have a fairly large window in it, I assume?

Wonderful

It's so nice to know some things never change

No comments:

Post a Comment