Thursday, February 24, 2011

To the Guy at the Bar

To the guy at the bar
Who won't look at me

I know you're not looking at me
Because you want me to notice you
Not looking at me

Well, I've noticed

Have you noticed me
Looking at you
Waiting to see if you'll grow a pair
And make eye contact?

Are you under the impression
That I'm somehow turned on
By being ignored

If that's what you're thinking
Than maybe you should look for dates
In the waiting room
Of a therapist's office

This is a bar
This is a place where people come
For social interaction

I notice you checking out that little number
Behind the bar

Are you aware the bartender is half your age?
Are you aware that though you may have more money
At this point in your life
And more prestige
That age and apperance
Still play a factor
In sexual chemistry?

Or maybe you still think you're hot
Well, here's a pleasant surprise for you
You're hot...for your age

Not for half your age
That's the bad news

Do you ever plan on talking to your friend
Or did you just bring him here
So that at the end of the night
You could go home alone
Without really going home alone
Saying to yourself--

'It's cool.  I wasn't looking to get laid anyway.  I just wanted a nice night out with a friend.'

When people want nice nights out with their friends
They go to a movie
And to some poorly lit bar
Where they have no chance of getting lucky

They do not come to a crowded bar
Where you can't even hear yourself think

Your friend isn't very attractive
I'm sure that wasn't planned either, right?

I'm guessing tonight has not been a good night
From the number of drinks
I've seen you toss back
In the past hour

That last one must have given you the confidence you needed
Because now you're making eye contact with me

You're ready to walk over
And say 'Hello'

Great

I can't wait for you to hear
What I have to say

No comments:

Post a Comment