Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Date to the Party

So you're coming to the party?

That's so great!

Dean, honestly, I am just so happy
That we can be friends
Even though we're not dating anymore

When my sister broke up with her boyfriend
She went all crazy
As soon as she found out he was seeing another girl

Can you believe someone can be that ridiculous?
I'm going to be totally fine with it once you start dating someone else

So do you--

What?

Oh

Oh

Oh

Wow

So (soon?)--great!

Wow, good for you!

That's...I'm just...wow

Well, great!

Maybe we can talk more about it at the party
So are you making that salsa that you--

Bring?

Bring to the--?

Oh, sure!

Sure, absolutely

Of course you can bring--

You can bring as many people as you want, actually
Bring twenty people!
Just remember to make more salsa!

Hahaha

Oh, just--

Well that's fine too!

Hmm?

Oh I wasn't planning on...uh, maybe...but, probably...maybe--

I just didn't think it was the place
For me to bring a date
Since I knew you'd be there
And I didn't want to crush your heart into a thousand pieces
By making you watch me walk around all night
With another man on my arm

But I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore!

You know, there are going to be so many people at this party
And it's going to be so loud
I'm just not sure bringing a date to it
Would be any fun, you know, for the date

It's going to be a regular heavy metal concert in that apartment!

Well, yes, I realize that my Nana's turning seventy-eight
But the elderly can get quite raucous once they past the age
Where they're supposed to die

Nana keeps talking about thrilled she is to see you
You remember how she made plans for our wedding
And our first child
And our second child
And how we were going to get all that money when she died
Because she didn't want to leave it to my spinster sister
Who, by the way, turned twenty-seven the other day

I sure hope Nana seeing you with someone else
Doesn't make that weak little heart of hers just collapse

I mean, I'll be fine with it
I'm already fine with it
I'd say let's all do a double date
As soon as I find someone who isn't scared of a woman who speaks her mind
And has reasonably sized breasts
But that might take awhile
Since all men are DEGENERATE ASSHOLES!

. . . . .

Well, it's been great talking to you
See you at six
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment