Thursday, February 25, 2010

Brenna's Lifetime Achievement Award

Oh, oh God...I just...

Thank you
Thank you sooo much

I had absolutely no idea
That I would be receiving this award
From the Brenna Fan Club

After all
I was the OBVIOUS choice

So I thought perhaps you
My loving fans
Would go for someone else
To surprise me

Which is why I sharpened my nails
And brought pepper spray with me today

Luckily, I won't be needing them

God, this is so unexpected

I almost didn't write this speech!

Let's see, who would I like to thank?

Well, let's do this in order of importance--

Nick Jonas
Justin B
Ryan Rotilani in my Civics class
God
My Mother
And all of you, the members of my fan club
The three greatest fans
Any girl could have

Although some may say
That sixteen years
Is far too young
To be receiving a Lifetime Achievement award

I would point out Joan of Arc
And how at a very early age
She managed
To conquer Sweden
And ride naked on a horse

How fierce was that?

I see some of you are confused
It's all right
I don't require my admirers
To be geniuses
Just loyal

And you are

You've helped me reach
Some of my greatest pinnacles

Getting vegan burgers put into the lunch rotation
Getting the school to offer an AP course on the Twilight books
Getting Molly Kuwaltz expelled from school using nothing but a mannequin and Youtube

It has been quite a life

But let's not stop now
Let's keep going

Let's remember that there are even higher peaks to climb
Greater mountains to scale
Epic undertakings to bring to fruition!

Let's remember that in four short months
There will be--

Prom

I accept this award
With the promise
Of even greater things to come

Thank you

Now can someone give me a ride home?

My brother was supposed to pick me up
But he's being a total tool
And I have a shift at Wendy's tonight

Ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment