Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rapunzel at the Salon

Okay, could we...

Before we do anything
Could we just
Talk, first?

Please?

Okay...

Breathe...

How much
Are you planning
To take off?

Yes, I realize my hair is five stories long

I'm aware that you're not even supposed to measure hair
The same way you measure buildings
But...you have to understand

I've had this hair--FOREVER

I've strummed lutes while playing this hair
I've been locked in a tower while wearing this hair
I've had men climb up this hair

. . . . .

Okay, I don't need you to judge me
So you can just stick that sassy look
In your scissor pot, alright?

How about we do...

Two inches?

That's good, right?

Well, how much were you thinking?

. . . . .

ARE YOU CRAZY?

Do you have any idea how long
And how many witches' brews
It took to grew this hair?

I'm so upset right now
I don't know if I can do this

I should eat something
I can feel my sugar dropping

Does anyone have a radish?
I would kill for a radish
Literally, I would give up an unborn child for one
Not that I'm pregnant
Because I'm not
I'm just sensitive

WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THOSE CLIPPERS?

PUT THEM DOWN!

PUT THEM DOWWWWWWWWN!

. . . . .

All right, so what we thinking?

Two inches and some highlights?

Nothing I can't maintain

It takes four weeks to wash this hair
So I really need something simple

You know, for the woman on the go

Not that I go anywhere

Mostly I just sit in the tower

But you never know
When you might have
Unexpected guests

So how about that?

Two inches
Highlights
Maybe some feathering?

Oh you know what
I'm being unfair
I'm sorry

Take three inches

It's time I stepped out of my comfort zone

No comments:

Post a Comment