Thursday, February 18, 2010

Love This Body

Love this body
Love all the lines
All down your sides
And your marks
And your scars
And your sensitive areas

Love the tricks
That it plays
When it stays
In the light

Let it rock back and forth
Around my fireplace nights

Look at it while I do
And see if you can see
The breaks in the places
Where my stare's
Made tracks
Beyond the shallow layers

Love these legs and these arms
And the way your skin tone changes
As my hand makes shadows
Over you
Like a healer

Love this body
And if you can't
Give me a chance
Cause I can

I can

I can love the parts you can't
And love the parts
You forgot to take care of

I can match your hurt
To my healing
And your cuts
To my compliments

I can make you better again
And when I'm done
You won't be new
You'll just be you

And you'll love it
You really will

No comments:

Post a Comment