Sunday, February 28, 2010

Like An Old Movie

I like you on a Sunday afternoon
On the couch
In an old sweatshirt
Sipping coffee
Glasses halfway down your face
Pajama pants
And rain outside

I like you like an old movie

I like you late at night
On a weekend
When I'm too tired to go out
And you stretch out on me
And cast my body
In black and white light
Making me feel glad
That I didn't venture out
Into the night

I like you like an old movie

I like you on a sick day
When I'm gross and barely upright
Taking time to soothe me
With familiarity
And story line
And appropriate commercial breaks
So I can take time
To eat my soup

I like you
I like you like an old movie

I like you when I'm not invited somewhere
How you make me feel productive
When I've really done nothing

I like how you give me conversation topics
Amongst interesting people
When I do get invited
To uninteresting parties

I like how you're there when I need you
And how I forget I need you
Until I'm flipping through my life
And you pop up
Reminding me how good you are

I like you
Cause you're cinematic

You're like an old movie
I could watch over
And over
Again

No comments:

Post a Comment